I have never been the one to have bad problems with acne or skin issues when I was younger or even high school. I was one of the lucky ones who was blessed with pretty clear skin… besides those one or two when “Mother Nature” decides to come along if you know what I mean!
About a year and a half ago I was put on a medication, which I’m not on anymore thank god, and the medication totally broke out my face with the acne I had never had. I tried everything… over the counter washes to Dermatologists. Nothing worked.
When I heard of Rodan and Fields, I thought it seemed to good to be true. I thought “oh they’re just saying it’s this good to make money!” That’s because it is a pretty steep price, $180!
Well one day I decided to go out on a limb and just order it because honestly it couldn’t get worse than it was so why not give this stuff a shot. Maybe it’ll work like everyone says? So I went online and purchased the Unblemish line.
I will admit along the way of using Unblemish I have had my doubts. Around week four I was frustrated thinking my skin problems would never be fixed. My mom encouraged me to keep trying. I’m so glad I did… around week 8, I looked in the mirror and thought wow my face looks really good! It’s starting to take both my acne and scarring away!
I finally have hope that my face will clear up. Why? Unblemish!
When taking off my makeup at first I use Dove sensitive skin bar soap then I go in with the treatment wash and then follow the steps from there.
If you’re questioning wheither or not to try Rodan and Fields I would say go for it!
As the title says… I have decided to cancel my Birchbox. There are many reasons behind this decision. You may be thinking, “it’s only $10” that $10 adds up as you keep being let down by the boxes. Here’s why I cancelled: 1. Inconsistency. The Birchbox subscription is VERY inconsistent. I can get a half way decent box one month then get a horrible box the next month.
2. Disappointment. When I do get that good box I will think okay they’re getting better, I can’t wait for next month. Then what happens next month? It’s a huge disappointment, I’ll get another bad box.
3. Way to many hair products. I signed up for the beauty/makeup products it promises. I hardly ever get a makeup item. All I get is loads of hair products and they’re adding up quickly.
4. The $10 is a waste if the products don’t leave me happy!
I wanted to like Birchbox so much but I just couldn’t bring myself to like it enough to keep it.
I hope this helped you if you’re a subscriber or thinking of subscribing, thanks for reading!
Follow me on Instagram!
It’s been forever (at least it feels like it) since I have been able to do a blog post. Why you ask? Whelp, life happens. I have been struggling with the “problem” topic everyone fears to speak about. I’m not afraid to speak out about these issues I struggle with.
I have been officially/diagnosed for Anxiety and Depression since my Junior year of high school 2012-2013. I made the best choice I think I could have ever made and that was to go see a psychiatrist. I didn’t want to struggle for the rest of my life.
My psychiatrist had my body leveled out until about September last year- which is not his fault at all, it’s how this “condition” works. Now, going into February, I’m slowly but surely starting to feel myself again-normal.
On the other hand I have been working like crazy. Some days I feel like my brain is racing. At least I work with my mom and she understands how everything works.
I did not post this as a pity post or for attention. I want anyone who is struggling to be able to say hey I’m going to be okay. For awhile there I thought I was going to feel this way forever. Please if you are struggling and haven’t gotten help, please do. It makes a dramatic change in your mind and body. Anyone else struggling, know your not alone.
Wow, I cannot believe I’m already writing my August Birchbox Unboxing. August? Already? Gosh, where did the time go?
This month I actually chose the curated box. This is my first time ever choosing the curated box. I loved almost every product inside this box and so I figured why not? Inside I recieved:
- Stila stay all day liquid lipstick in Patina.
- Living Proof No Frizz nourishing oil.
- HUM Nutrition Raw Beauty Green Superfood Powder.
- Acure Organics Coconut & Argan Oil Cleansing Towelettes.
- Marcelle BB Cream Golden Glow.
- Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle.
This being my fifth Birchbox, I think it has been my best one ever recieved. I’m so happy with it and I think Birchbox redeemed themselves! Yay, go Birchbox!
Did you get Birchbox this month? What did you recieve?
Hello lovelies! I hope you all are having a wonderful day! If not, I hope your day gets better 🙂
Yesterday I recieved my Birchbox in the mail. To my surprise, it was actually good this month! Thank you Birchbox for surprising me and giving me a better box.
The first thing I saw when I opened my box was this Marcelle micellar water. This was a free gift for re-subscribing. This is a pretty great size for a sample, I’m very happy with it.
I also recieved in my Birchbox:
- Balance Me face mask, suitable for all skin types. The full size costs $34. I don’t think I would buy the full size because of costs but it’s a fun thing to recieve in a box.
- Another Marcelle micellar water, nope I’m not complaining. I’m actually happy about it. I like micellar waters for removing makeup. This full sized costs $21.
- MDSolarSciences Mineral Cream. I feel eh about this product, it’s a face product and I’m always afraid to branch out and try new things but who knows right? The full size costs $30.
- Raw Spirit fragrances perfume sample. I’m actually happy that this sample is a spray bottle and not one of those open caps. I love the spray ones because you can carry them in your purse. The full size costs $40-$90.
- Lastly I recieved Smashbox X-Rated mascara. I’m super excited about this. Yes Birchbox! So happy to recieve some smashbox in this months box. The full size costs $22.
Overall I’m happy that I stuck with Birchbox this month, hopefully they’re consistent next month! Thanks for reading!
Follow me on Twitter!
Follow me on Instagram!
This month was my first month ever recieving the Walmart and Target beauty box. If any of you do not know, Walmart sends their boxes out every season for only a $5 shipping fee and Target varies… this month it was $7. Target releases their boxes each month and they are hard to get so when they are released you need to grab them quick!
The Walmart beauty box was packed full of goodies this month. In the box was:
- Arm & Hammer Truly Radiant toothpaste (clean and fresh).
- Schwarzkopf essence ultîme shampoo and conditioner for colored or highlighted hair.
- Jergens Natural Glow daily moisturizer.
- Sally Hansen airbrushed legs in the color medium.
- InCoco nail strips in a black lace color.
- Goody slideproof hair elastics in a pack of 8.
This box really surprised me. I actually really like everything that came inside this box. The Jergens moisturizer was a pretty great size, it will last a while. The hair elastics are expensive themselves, so that’s great to recieve in a $5 box. Overall I’m very impressed.
The Target beauty box was pretty great this month too, it was worth the $7 spent. Inside was:
- Toms of Maine toothpaste.
- Dove regenerative shampoo and conditioner.
- Garnier clearly brighter daily moisturizer.
- Sweet spot on the go wipettes x3.
- Umberto lifting powder.
- NYX butter lipstick in the color Fun Size.
Overall the Target box was a steal for the price. A NYX butter lipstick itself costs $5.99! The lifting powder is a pretty generous size, my mom will really enjoy this. The wipes are great and the shampoo is perfect for traveling.
If I had to choose, I would pick the Walmart beauty box this month! The Walmart box just really caught my attention and I loved more things from it than I do with the Target box.
Follow me on Pinterest!
Follow me on Instagram!
Follow me on Twitter!
On Sunday/Monday, I had to head up to San Fransisco for my medical appointment that I have to go to about every 5 weeks. I have to get nerve blocks in my arm because I have nerve damage from falling off a hoverboard.
My appointment was at 8 AM and I live about five and a half hours away so we had to stay overnight. When we got to SF, it was pretty early and we were kind of like okay what do we do?
So, we went to Target.
At Target I found some goodies! I picked up a Sonia Kashuk brush set, a Sonia Kashuk eye pallet and some lash glue because mine is not good.
I’m LOVING this brush set. It is so inspiring and the quotes are just perfect. The designs are the cutest I’ve ever seen. This set costed $40 at Target. It was the last one and I was so happy I got my hands on it. The pallet was from the same line and it was the last one also, it was on sale for $12.48. Then the lash glue was a little over $2… Great price for that.
Well, that was what I picked up in SF! Thanks for reading 🙂
Just letting everyone know, Colourpop x Jaime King will be avaliable until 7-17-2016 and then it will be discontinued forever! Get #Alchemy and the whole collection while you can!
This collection is so beautiful! I have the Alchemy set and I love it so much!
False eyelashes seem to be a staple in every beauty gurus beauty routine these days. I remember a few years back when falsies were only worn on special occasions, for me that is! I felt so beautiful wearing them on Prom night and during my annual dance recital.
To be honest, Jaclyn Hill makes false eyelashes look like a breeze to apply! Watching her videos inspired me to order false lashes again because they looked so darn beautiful!
I’ve remembered that lashes aren’t as easy as it seems… so I’m here to share some tips that I have found, maybe it will help some of you out too 🙂
- Use an eyelash applicator to apply false lashes.
- Use an eyelash curler to curl your natural lashes with your falsies.
- Apply mascara after you apply your falsies.
- Stick the outer corner of the false eyelash on first then apply towards the inner corner.
- Trim lashes to the right length for comfort.
- Bend lashes before applying.
- Leave the glue 40-50 seconds before applying lashes to your eyes.
- Apply a little more glue on the outer and inner corners of false lashes.
I hope these tips can help some of you, I know they help me. Practice makes perfect when it comes to lashes! You have to apply, apply, apply!
Many people don’t know that you can clean your falsies. I know I didn’t until a few months ago. This definitely prolongs the life of your lashes. Falsies are reusable, so cleaning them can make them last that much longer.
What you will need:
- A bowl/open container
- Add alcohol to the bowl, you do not need much.
- Submerge your lashes inside the alcohol.
- Let sit for a few minutes.
- Rub lashes gently until the mascara is off your falsies. The glue will also seperate in the process.
- Alcohol evaporates so you do not need to dry them, you are all done… store your lashes until you are ready to use again!
Thank you so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed this post, feel free to give it a like and follow me if you enjoyed it 🙂 Happy Sunday!
Summer is upon us and it is hot out. Most of us are spending a lot of time in the heat. I know I have. So, that means having to stay hydrated. Do any of you have problems staying hydrated? I do. I regretfully say that… Do you need to drink water but forget or just get busy?
Well fruit infused water is certainly one answer for all your problems! You can throw some fruit inside that water bottle and make your water actually taste appealing. Sometimes it isn’t very appealing, I know. Maybe adding one of these combinations of fruit infused water in your routine will help you out!
As we all know drinking water has many health benefits. Drinking water helps your energy and your brain function. It may help or even prevent headaches. It helps your skin and keeps your skin looking good. It also fights sicknesses!
Here are some fruit infused water combinations:
•Green tea, mint, and lime
•Cucumber, lime and lemon
Thank you for reading this post! I hope you enjoyed! Feel free to give it a like if you enjoyed.