Wow, I can’t believe December is already here and Christmas is in 7 days… 7 DAYS! Winter is coming in 3 days… this is my favorite time of the year.
Maybe I should quit blabbering and get on with this post. So this month I have to say my Ipsy bag was so-so for me. I didn’t love it and I didn’t hate it. The bag itself I think is adorable but the contents… eh.
The first thing I received was The Coffee Scrub in the scent Coconut. I’ve never really used a scrub so maybe I’ll give this one a try.
I’m kind of happy that I received the MAC Extreme Dimension Lash, MAC is a brand that is so talked up in the beauty community and I haven’t really tried much besides their lipstick and setting spray.
I received the Meech and Mia white pigment and I’m so so on this because I don’t usually wear pigments and if I do I tend to go for glittery colors.
The trestique brow pencil I received I wasn’t super excited about, I don’t usually use many brow pencils so it will probably get passed on to a friend.
Lastly I received a shader brush from Luxie beauty. I love luxie brushes they are so soft and hardy brushes.
Well that’s all that I got in my Ipsy bag this month. It wasn’t the best this month but it had a few good things so I won’t complain.
What did you get in your bag this month?
Today, November 16, Colourpop will be releasing 10 NEW Ultra Matte lips and 4 Ultra Glossy lips to add to their collection. The products launch at 10 AM PST.
The Ultra Matte lips:
- Star crossed
- Take a pixie
- Snow fleek
- Fragile things
The Ultra Glossy Lips:
- Fingers crossed
- Believe me
Colourpop is offering Free domestic shipping and free worldwide shipping with orders over $30, this is starting today (11/16/17) for 48 hours.
Will you be buying any new Colourpop products? I just may have to place a small order!
Follow me on Twitter!
Follow me on Instagram!
As the title says… I have decided to cancel my Birchbox. There are many reasons behind this decision. You may be thinking, “it’s only $10” that $10 adds up as you keep being let down by the boxes. Here’s why I cancelled: 1. Inconsistency. The Birchbox subscription is VERY inconsistent. I can get a half way decent box one month then get a horrible box the next month.
2. Disappointment. When I do get that good box I will think okay they’re getting better, I can’t wait for next month. Then what happens next month? It’s a huge disappointment, I’ll get another bad box.
3. Way to many hair products. I signed up for the beauty/makeup products it promises. I hardly ever get a makeup item. All I get is loads of hair products and they’re adding up quickly.
4. The $10 is a waste if the products don’t leave me happy!
I wanted to like Birchbox so much but I just couldn’t bring myself to like it enough to keep it.
I hope this helped you if you’re a subscriber or thinking of subscribing, thanks for reading!
Follow me on Instagram!
Treating yourself is a majorly important thing in life, in my opinion. I mean giving is also important but there are times where you just have to think “What can I do that will make me happy?”
I have found that if I treat myself once in a while it boosts my self esteem tremendously. That new bra makes me feel pretty (even though I’m the only one that can see it). Those new tops make me feel pretty wherever I go. I just feel better about myself.
There are many ways to treat yourself that isn’t just buying clothes:
- Get a mani-pedi
- Buy that purse/shoes you have had your eye on
- Do your makeup, even when you have nowhere to go
- Go out for drinks with the girls or even the hubby
- Take a bubble bath and light some candles
- Get your hair done
- Bake some cookies/eat some ice cream
- Watch Netflix/Hulu
Those are only a few ways you can treat yourself, but don’t be afraid to actually do it… everyone needs it once in a while. I know I do! Life gets stressful and sometimes you need room to breathe.
Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoy and these suggestions help you out!
Hello loves! This weekend I had to take a trip to Target with my mom, we don’t visit Target very often. We had to buy a quick birthday and bridal gift for a party on Saturday.
Well, I walked out with more than a gift for the party… don’t we all? I walked by a clearance rack and my eyes immediately shot to the Sonia Kashuk brushes on sale.
This is the first set I bought, they are cream and black with gold accents. The design is just a super cute geometric design. This set only costed me $14.98 on clearance! Being so cute and limited edition, I had to have them.
This second set has more brushes included, a full face set. The design is what caught my eye. They are black with gold cobras down the side. I fell in love with these because of how unique they are! The price was only $19.98, a must have.
Overall, I’m so happy I walked by that clearance rack and saw these limited edition brushes, who can have too many brushes right? If you’re interested check your local Target, there was many left at my local target! Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed this post!
Hello lovelies! I know I’m kind of late on the Kylie lip kit band wagon, but I wanted to really test mine out before reviewing them. I have both the Candy K and Spice lip kits.
First off, Candy K. This lip kit is beautiful! I love the color, the perfect nude! This lippie wears beautifully and feels very silky smooth when dry. It dries very quickly, that is definitely not a bad thing! When the lip starts wearing off it looks so natural, not patchy.
Next, Spice. I bought this lip kit because it was a gorgeous purple/fall color. When used with the lip liner this lip kit looks so beautiful and has very precise lines, no bleeding. When dry it feels so smooth like nothing is on your lips. When it starts to wear away it gives a beautiful ombré look.
Overall, after wearing and testing these lip kits I can say they were worth my money! The $29 was very worth receiving both a liquid lipstick and a lip liner. 2 thumbs up from me!
Hello lovelies! Wow, it feels like forever since I have gotten the chance to actually sit down and actually devote my time to a post. I have been working like crazy and goodness I need a vacation… two more weeks Ashley, two more weeks. Well, enough about me, today I have quite a few monthly favorites for you guys. Maybe I should just call them current favorites.
- Estee Lauder double wear foundation/powder. I love these products, they look very natural but cover any spots I have on my face and this stays matte in my face all day. No matter what I am doing I don’t need to worry about getting oily. I wear the color 1N1 in the Summer/Fall and 1C1 during the winter.
- At the end of August/beginning of September I discovered Urban Decay’s Powder foundation. This stuff is amazing, it looks gorgeous and its perfect for me when I don’t have time to put makeup on and need it on the go for work, I wear the shade Fair Neutral.
- One of my favorite blushes this month has been Makeup Geek’s XOXO, I received this in one of my Boxycharm boxes and have loved it since.
- Seraphine Botanicals blush in Happy Hibiscus has also been another favorite blush, I received this in my Ipsy bag and it is one I would purchase again.
- Rimmel Scandaleyes mascara, I have been loving this mascara this month because I ran out of my Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara and this mascara is a dupe!
- Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes!
- Jordana liquid cat eyeliner in 01 Black Leather
- Girlactik eyeliner in Black Nior. I received this in a Boxycharm and I am loving it lately!
- Colourpop crème gel eyeliner in Piggybank and Get Paid, I love both of these lately to line my waterline. They go on so smooth, I totally recommend these liners!
- Mac Whirl lipstick. This color is so beautiful and perfect for Fall.
- Mac Brave. This is my go-to lipstick!
- NYX Be Gone! Lip color remover, I bought this and wasn’t sure if it would work but it really does take off your lipstick!
Well that’s all my favorites! I hope you enjoyed this post, thanks for reading!
Hello lovelies! I know I’m a bit late on posting my Ipsy Unbagging and I even forgot to take pictures *gasp!* But, that’s okay because I have pictures on my Ipsy app!
I actually recieved the bag I was hoping for this month and that was the teal type bag with the beautiful girl getting her hair and makeup done!
The first thing in my bag was Tarte LipSurgence lip creme in the color Wonder. I was super excited to see this in my bag because I have never tried any of Tarte’s lip products before. I’m excited to finally try!
The next product I recieved was Beaute Basics 3 toned bronzer. I am on the fence about how I feel about this product. It’s very small to be a bronzer, I’m considering just using it as an eyeshadow.
This nail polish is such a beautiful color I’m so excited to put it on my nails! This is a Formula Xnail polish in the color Dollface. I haven’t tried any Formula X polishes so this will be a first for me!
Next I recieved a Marc Anthony Nourishing Argan Oil deep conditioning mask. I haven’t ever tried a conditioning mask on my hair but I’m excited to try it for the first time!
Lastly I recieved a Beau Gachis Paris Pro Series applicator sponge. I am not going to lie, I do not have high hopes for this sponge. I expect it to soak up lots of product and not blend as easy as the beauty blender. Maybe it will surprise me?
Well that’s all I got in my Ipsy this month! What did you recieve?
We all know how popular the Kylie Jenner Metallic lip kits are, most of us dying to get our hands on them. The price… its hefty for one metallic lipstick.
First off is King K,
- NYX- Mischevious
- MAC- Bronze Shimmer
- OFRA- FIFTH AVE
Next is Heir,
- Stila- Dolce
- Too Faced- Debutante
- Sephora- Honeymoon
- LipTar liquid lipstick- Honeymoon
Next is Reign,
- Milani- Bronze Beauty
- Too Faced Metallic- Candy Bar
- NYX- Wrath
Last but not least is KyMagesty,
- NYX Cosmic Metal- Galactic
- NYX Wicked Lippie- Cold Hearted
Thanks for reading! I hope you all found this post useful!
Follow me on Instagram!
Follow me on Twitter!
Follow me on Pinterest!
Wow, I cannot believe I’m already writing my August Birchbox Unboxing. August? Already? Gosh, where did the time go?
This month I actually chose the curated box. This is my first time ever choosing the curated box. I loved almost every product inside this box and so I figured why not? Inside I recieved:
- Stila stay all day liquid lipstick in Patina.
- Living Proof No Frizz nourishing oil.
- HUM Nutrition Raw Beauty Green Superfood Powder.
- Acure Organics Coconut & Argan Oil Cleansing Towelettes.
- Marcelle BB Cream Golden Glow.
- Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle.
This being my fifth Birchbox, I think it has been my best one ever recieved. I’m so happy with it and I think Birchbox redeemed themselves! Yay, go Birchbox!
Did you get Birchbox this month? What did you recieve?