Hello lovelies! I know I’m kind of late on the Kylie lip kit band wagon, but I wanted to really test mine out before reviewing them. I have both the Candy K and Spice lip kits.
First off, Candy K. This lip kit is beautiful! I love the color, the perfect nude! This lippie wears beautifully and feels very silky smooth when dry. It dries very quickly, that is definitely not a bad thing! When the lip starts wearing off it looks so natural, not patchy.
Next, Spice. I bought this lip kit because it was a gorgeous purple/fall color. When used with the lip liner this lip kit looks so beautiful and has very precise lines, no bleeding. When dry it feels so smooth like nothing is on your lips. When it starts to wear away it gives a beautiful ombré look.
Overall, after wearing and testing these lip kits I can say they were worth my money! The $29 was very worth receiving both a liquid lipstick and a lip liner. 2 thumbs up from me!
It’s been forever (at least it feels like it) since I have been able to do a blog post. Why you ask? Whelp, life happens. I have been struggling with the “problem” topic everyone fears to speak about. I’m not afraid to speak out about these issues I struggle with.
I have been officially/diagnosed for Anxiety and Depression since my Junior year of high school 2012-2013. I made the best choice I think I could have ever made and that was to go see a psychiatrist. I didn’t want to struggle for the rest of my life.
My psychiatrist had my body leveled out until about September last year- which is not his fault at all, it’s how this “condition” works. Now, going into February, I’m slowly but surely starting to feel myself again-normal.
On the other hand I have been working like crazy. Some days I feel like my brain is racing. At least I work with my mom and she understands how everything works.
I did not post this as a pity post or for attention. I want anyone who is struggling to be able to say hey I’m going to be okay. For awhile there I thought I was going to feel this way forever. Please if you are struggling and haven’t gotten help, please do. It makes a dramatic change in your mind and body. Anyone else struggling, know your not alone.
Hello lovelies! Wow, it feels like forever since I have gotten the chance to actually sit down and actually devote my time to a post. I have been working like crazy and goodness I need a vacation… two more weeks Ashley, two more weeks. Well, enough about me, today I have quite a few monthly favorites for you guys. Maybe I should just call them current favorites.
- Estee Lauder double wear foundation/powder. I love these products, they look very natural but cover any spots I have on my face and this stays matte in my face all day. No matter what I am doing I don’t need to worry about getting oily. I wear the color 1N1 in the Summer/Fall and 1C1 during the winter.
- At the end of August/beginning of September I discovered Urban Decay’s Powder foundation. This stuff is amazing, it looks gorgeous and its perfect for me when I don’t have time to put makeup on and need it on the go for work, I wear the shade Fair Neutral.
- One of my favorite blushes this month has been Makeup Geek’s XOXO, I received this in one of my Boxycharm boxes and have loved it since.
- Seraphine Botanicals blush in Happy Hibiscus has also been another favorite blush, I received this in my Ipsy bag and it is one I would purchase again.
- Rimmel Scandaleyes mascara, I have been loving this mascara this month because I ran out of my Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara and this mascara is a dupe!
- Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes!
- Jordana liquid cat eyeliner in 01 Black Leather
- Girlactik eyeliner in Black Nior. I received this in a Boxycharm and I am loving it lately!
- Colourpop crème gel eyeliner in Piggybank and Get Paid, I love both of these lately to line my waterline. They go on so smooth, I totally recommend these liners!
- Mac Whirl lipstick. This color is so beautiful and perfect for Fall.
- Mac Brave. This is my go-to lipstick!
- NYX Be Gone! Lip color remover, I bought this and wasn’t sure if it would work but it really does take off your lipstick!
Well that’s all my favorites! I hope you enjoyed this post, thanks for reading!
Hello lovelies! I know I’m a bit late on posting my Ipsy Unbagging and I even forgot to take pictures *gasp!* But, that’s okay because I have pictures on my Ipsy app!
I actually recieved the bag I was hoping for this month and that was the teal type bag with the beautiful girl getting her hair and makeup done!
The first thing in my bag was Tarte LipSurgence lip creme in the color Wonder. I was super excited to see this in my bag because I have never tried any of Tarte’s lip products before. I’m excited to finally try!
The next product I recieved was Beaute Basics 3 toned bronzer. I am on the fence about how I feel about this product. It’s very small to be a bronzer, I’m considering just using it as an eyeshadow.
This nail polish is such a beautiful color I’m so excited to put it on my nails! This is a Formula Xnail polish in the color Dollface. I haven’t tried any Formula X polishes so this will be a first for me!
Next I recieved a Marc Anthony Nourishing Argan Oil deep conditioning mask. I haven’t ever tried a conditioning mask on my hair but I’m excited to try it for the first time!
Lastly I recieved a Beau Gachis Paris Pro Series applicator sponge. I am not going to lie, I do not have high hopes for this sponge. I expect it to soak up lots of product and not blend as easy as the beauty blender. Maybe it will surprise me?
Well that’s all I got in my Ipsy this month! What did you recieve?
We all know how popular the Kylie Jenner Metallic lip kits are, most of us dying to get our hands on them. The price… its hefty for one metallic lipstick.
First off is King K,
- NYX- Mischevious
- MAC- Bronze Shimmer
- OFRA- FIFTH AVE
Next is Heir,
- Stila- Dolce
- Too Faced- Debutante
- Sephora- Honeymoon
- LipTar liquid lipstick- Honeymoon
Next is Reign,
- Milani- Bronze Beauty
- Too Faced Metallic- Candy Bar
- NYX- Wrath
Last but not least is KyMagesty,
- NYX Cosmic Metal- Galactic
- NYX Wicked Lippie- Cold Hearted
Thanks for reading! I hope you all found this post useful!
Follow me on Instagram!
Follow me on Twitter!
Follow me on Pinterest!
Wow, I cannot believe I’m already writing my August Birchbox Unboxing. August? Already? Gosh, where did the time go?
This month I actually chose the curated box. This is my first time ever choosing the curated box. I loved almost every product inside this box and so I figured why not? Inside I recieved:
- Stila stay all day liquid lipstick in Patina.
- Living Proof No Frizz nourishing oil.
- HUM Nutrition Raw Beauty Green Superfood Powder.
- Acure Organics Coconut & Argan Oil Cleansing Towelettes.
- Marcelle BB Cream Golden Glow.
- Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle.
This being my fifth Birchbox, I think it has been my best one ever recieved. I’m so happy with it and I think Birchbox redeemed themselves! Yay, go Birchbox!
Did you get Birchbox this month? What did you recieve?
It’s Friday night and I’m spending the evening unwinding with a bath and a face mask. A little pampering every once in a while could always help. There’s a few different things you could include in a pamper night. A pamper night doesn’t even need to be a Friday night, you could even do these things on a stressful Monday if you need to unwind and de-stress.
1. Make yourself a hot/iced cup of tea or even water if you don’t like tea.
2. Run yourself a nice hot bath. I like to add 2 cups of lavender Epsom salt (if you want you could use plain Epsom salt and 5-10 drops of essential oils). If you would like you can add bubbles instead.
3. Light some candles. This can be very relaxing to lay in the bath with some candles lit.
4. Put on a face mask or a sheet mask, you will feel pampered doing this believe me.
5. Unwind in the bath with a good book. I feel like this helps me relax a lot, some time to myself with a good book.
6. Paint your nails. When your nails are painted, you feel pampered. I know I do. I love the feeling of having freshly painted nails, it makes me feel put together.
7. Do your skincare routine. This makes me feel good in itself. When I do my skincare routine, I feel refreshed. My routine includes cleanser, toner, and moisturizer. Every couple of days I include exfoliating but not daily.
8. Use a lip scrub. This makes me feel good, especially when I go to put on my lipstick and my lips are nice and smooth.
Do you have any other ways that you pamper yourself? Thanks for reading!
Hello Loves! I’m excited to tell you all that the loved pallet Naked Smoky is on sale 50% off today only! This makes it $27! You can buy this pallet at Ulta/online, at Sephora/online or on Urbandecay.com!
I own this pallet and I love this! I even debated on buying myself a backup for this price! I may need to 🙂
When you purchase this online at Ulta you get free shipping with the pallet, today only.
Are you buying this pallet?
Good morning everyone! I woke up this morning inspired to write a post on dupes for the Kylie Metals, so I did my research and I’m here to share with you!
These are pretty hard to find when they aren’t sold out, let alone the price of them, so I hope you all enjoy this post!
First off is Heir, this one is a little hard but I have a few to share 🙂
- Dolce by Stila
- Debutante by Too Faced
- Honeymoon by Sephora
- Synth by Lip Tar liquid lipstick
Next off is Reign, this color is so beautiful!
- Bronze beauty by Milani
- Candy Bar metallic lip by Too Faced
- Wrath by NYX
Next we have King K:
- Mischievous by NYX
- Bronze Shimmer by MAC
- Fifth Ave by OFRA
Lastly is the one everyone is dying to get their hands on, KyMajesty.
- NYX cosmic metal in Galactic
- NYX Wicked Lippie in Cold Hearted
Thank you for reading this post! I hope you all enjoyed it!
Follow me on Instagram!
Follow me on Twitter!
Hello lovelies! I hope you all are having a wonderful day! If not, I hope your day gets better 🙂
Yesterday I recieved my Birchbox in the mail. To my surprise, it was actually good this month! Thank you Birchbox for surprising me and giving me a better box.
The first thing I saw when I opened my box was this Marcelle micellar water. This was a free gift for re-subscribing. This is a pretty great size for a sample, I’m very happy with it.
I also recieved in my Birchbox:
- Balance Me face mask, suitable for all skin types. The full size costs $34. I don’t think I would buy the full size because of costs but it’s a fun thing to recieve in a box.
- Another Marcelle micellar water, nope I’m not complaining. I’m actually happy about it. I like micellar waters for removing makeup. This full sized costs $21.
- MDSolarSciences Mineral Cream. I feel eh about this product, it’s a face product and I’m always afraid to branch out and try new things but who knows right? The full size costs $30.
- Raw Spirit fragrances perfume sample. I’m actually happy that this sample is a spray bottle and not one of those open caps. I love the spray ones because you can carry them in your purse. The full size costs $40-$90.
- Lastly I recieved Smashbox X-Rated mascara. I’m super excited about this. Yes Birchbox! So happy to recieve some smashbox in this months box. The full size costs $22.
Overall I’m happy that I stuck with Birchbox this month, hopefully they’re consistent next month! Thanks for reading!
Follow me on Twitter!
Follow me on Instagram!